Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nausea is Nauseating

I had another bout with acid reflux this morning. I knew it was going to be a tough day when I got up this morning and had really bad heartburn and nausea. I took a shower and was driving into work when I had to turn back because I thought I was going to throw up. I felt really weak when I returned home so I sent off a few emails and crawled back into bed. I didn't get up until about two in the afternoon. I made a few more emails and slipped backed into my coma. It's a very frustrating feeling to have an uncontrollable condition like acid reflux. I've tried everything to get rid of it; aciphex, prilosec, nexium and zantac but none of these have been able to cure me.

a: Always in extreme amounts of discomfort.
c: Can't fight the feeling that somehow this is hurting me in ways I don't even know.
i: It's always in the back of my mind that this might be the day when it flares up and I get nauseous in front of everyone.
d: Deciding that staying on my diet, continuing to exercise, and not drinking is still the best thing I can do right now.

Here's to hoping that everything isn't so toxic tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pensive Girl said...

i hope so, too. i totally understand the anxiety about when a condition could flare again. ugh. get some sleep.

katy ryan said...

I've known many who suffer from acid reflux, and you're right -- it sucks. I have "un-diagnosable" abdominal issues, so I sympathize!! And if you need a non-drinking buddy, you can always call me -- I've pretty much given up alcohol in hopes of unearthing the body of steel that, currently, is covered with a slight excess of padding ;)
Feel better soon!!