Saturday, April 19, 2008

Get Off Your Pedestal & Have A Good Time!

Dear Kate or Katy or Kathy (it was hard to hear what her real name was in the club)

My good friends Adam and Nick were with me at Angels Rock bar last night. We were having a good time drinking beers, watching the Hills Have Eyes, and of course people watching. I couldn't help but notice the same blonde all night. This blonde was a little older and danced around with a certain air of superiority. I continually watched as she flipped back her deep fried dirty blonde curls and roll her eyes at every guy that gave her a smile. Her eyes didn't just roll back either, they would fling back as if the world should kneel at her feet. I was further disgusted by her when she continually made fun of the girls dancing up on the stage. So what if they might be a little heavier or not as pretty. Apparently her idea of a good time was to bring others down and that's a shame. I hate people like that. As the night continued on she was able to work her way in the VIP section without giving any sort of hint that she appreciated the guys that helped pull it off. Numerous men would try to strike up a conversation but she was done with them. I'm sure she was looking for something more than a good time or any type of descent dating prospect. Nope, she was looking for the golden wallet and Abercrombie model all rolled into one. She wanted someone to worship her. By the end of the night I was sober and just having a good time. The woman finally got on a table with her friend and started dancing. She was approached a couple of times but paid no attention. I noticed though that she kept glancing over at me and staring. As she was getting down, so that her and her friends could get out of there, I approached her with this other guy I'd just met. She ignored him but immediately grabbed my hand in this sexy two finger embrace. She smiled for the first time I'd seen that night and we exchanged names. I mentioned to her as she was leaving that maybe if I saw her again there, that she should try smiling more. She gave me the I'm offended okay sign and then left. My goal was not to get her number or do anything except open her eyes to what a fun time she could be having if she would just allow herself to enjoy it. I also felt a sense of accomplishment in that I exchanged names with the biggest she-witch in club and got her to smile. I don't know her, I don't know what she's gone through but I can read people. I can read snotty spoiled real well.

No comments: