Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Jokes On Us

I had a really adventurous day on Tuesday around lunch time. My good friend and coworker came over to my desk and had me look at a cool site called http://clowntravelagency.com/. We looked at the site closely. There was a letter with written clues in it but we ignored it and started looking at the addresses. I was curious because they had a listing for K.C. but the address for it hadn't been revealed yet. Apparently this site started at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday so we found out about the site just in time. Adam and I had already figured out this had to be linked somehow to the new Batman movie called Dark Knight. We studied the addresses and started to Google them. We studied the buildings in the street view on google maps. Each building had a name that had bowling terms in it, therefore we surmised they must all be bowling alley's. This made the previous letter seem obvious now with all its clues. The letter read:

Ready to have a ball?
A special bag of fun awaits the first to claim it, 
but you better strike fast, there's
no time to spare!

We were onto something. I noticed that more addresses were being revealed on the hour every hour. Kansas City was going to come up either at 11 or 12. Adam and I scoured the addresses of K.C. bowling alley's. That is when I jokingly threw out that it was probably going to be in the bowling alley we had our last VML summer party at. I went back to my desk and started working again but that "bag of fun" was constantly on my mind. 12:00 came and K.C. was released. Adam wrote down the locker combination, address and we ran out of VML. I sped out of the VML parking lot and we headed to 18th street. Shit! a traffic back-up on the Broadway bridge, we were pissed. Adrenaline was still pumping as we moved through the traffic. Damn! that's when Adam realized it was 18th street in North K.C... it was the summer party bowling alley! I knew how to get there so I gunned it. We raced down 9 highway constantly observing other drivers to see if we had competition on the road. I dropped Adam off at the front door and he bolted inside. I parked and ran in only to find Adam befuddled looking at the lockers. He shouted, "There's no locker 50!" So I raced to the other side of the bowling alley. I got to the lockers and that is when a man came around the corner holding the bag. Fuck! he beat us by only a couple of minutes. I asked him to show us the prize. The bowling bag had a bowling ball colored in a cool Joker scheme and there was a phone with a calling card attached. Apparently, you get a message when you call the number??? 

Thus our adventure was done and we were excited but frustrated. Here's to cool scavenger hunts and great marketing campaigns. This is the douche bag that took our prize. Apparently he has tendonitis...

No comments: