Monday, February 9, 2009

Yay! I Sold My TV!

That TV while awesome has been the bane of my existence for awhile now. I put it up on craig's list and after many promising phone calls I finally found someone willing to buy it and pick it up. However, that doesn't mean I didn't run across a few scam artists. My favorite part about the one below is that david peterson is apparently "turkish". Nice.

Good Day

I am very much happy for your responds. I Turkish man that i live in usa, Right now i will be instructing my client to send you a CHECK of {$3700} in respect of your name. This increase of money covers the money for the {65" Mitsubishi Widescreen TV} and the Money for the Mover. I wont be very Much present in controlling the shipping of the Item cause i got a Good News that my Wife delivered in Turkey, So i need to get to turkey as soon as Possible, That is why i want to see some more Pics of the {65" Mitsubishi Widescreen TV} if there is still any one you get , or if you can get present pics , Cause I would only be communicating with you Via email for the main time. My Mover will be responsible for the Shipping and other Paper works. He is very Much capable to stand for me, I have known him and trusted him for the past 27years which he never failed. Some times Mistake comes But we Just have to work out Solution,. So as soon as you get the CHECK cashed i would Love you to deduct your Money and have the rest send to my Mover via Western Union . I will let you have his information as soon as you get the check. So if this is cleared by you and you believe i can trust you on this also. I would Like to have your Full details So that my shipper can come Over for the Pick Up.
Full Name:--
Address :--
City :--
State :--
Zip Code:--
Country :--
# Number:--
Hope to get this responds fast from you ..

Thanks

David Peterson

2 comments:

Pensive Girl said...

um, this happened to me last week. but he was from Nigeria. and i'm not selling a TV. but still.

Author said...

From what I hear it happens a lot on craig's list. That's why it's good to get the word out.