Wednesday, June 11, 2008

By Whom All Women Thereafter Are Measured... "Part IV"

I'll never forget Sunday. I stood on the porch drenched from the rain. The thunder was a good distraction from the sound of my breaking heart. She'd ventured back into my life again, made me feel complete again. I was standing there... hoping she'd come back. She didn't. At one point I held her tight, I didn't want to let her go, she was already gone though. I'll let the rain do my crying this time. I don't know if lightning will strike a third time, I can only play out the "what ifs" in my mind. I can only hope she feels the same way. I can only wait, whether we'll have the chance in this life or the next.

I'm sorry readers but this is all I'm allowed to provide, I made a promise to someone. I always keep my promises. Just know I've moved on or at least I keep telling myself I have. I've since wished her good luck and told her all I want is for her to be happy. I know her though and like myself we both are like moths to a flame when it comes to self conflict. We don't let ourselves be happy because it's something we've never really known. As soon as our world is calm we strive to shake it up again. Since I'm a product of my environment... I'm making my mark on the world. One life lesson at a time for all the world to read. Most don't understand why I do it and I don't care. I've got a courage inside of me most wish they had. They'll see the big picture soon enough.

I hate goodbyes. I prefer... I'll see you at the next party.

No comments: