Sunday, June 1, 2008

I Dreamed I Saw An Angel

I ran into someone I've tried so hard to keep out of my mind and heart. However, I saw her radiant beauty for a split second and it captivated me again. I once begged her to tell me she didn't feel for me in that way and then she told me she couldn't and I've found it hard to move on. It won't stop me from giving my heart to others but sometimes when I think of her... I wish I could leave this city. She tortures me but the feelings do fade a little over time. This poem is about her and I can't stop seeing her eyes, her beautiful lips, and that smile makes me weak but her laugh is the best of all. Her laugh makes me beg for sadness because if I were any happier I'd float away and then I realize I have lots of sadness because her laugh will never be mine completely. It's okay, I've shut her out before it can be done again.

I dreamed I saw an angel,
but I was the one in white.

I dreamed I saw an angel,
her eyes owned the starry night.

I dreamed I saw an angel,
and I've seen her many times.

I dreamed I saw an angel,
if only her lips needed mine.

I dreamed I saw an angel,
her beauty binds me every day.

I dreamed I saw an angel,
but loves devil has ripped her away.

No comments: