Monday, June 2, 2008

Why I Hate Mondays

Bad decision Thursdays continued last week. After our weekly kickball game we decided to venture out to the Dierks Bentley concert at the Power & Light. I drove my roommate and my friend Daniela to the concert and on our way we were pulled aside by some Jamaican homies that gave us twenty or so fliers for a Jamaican concert at the Beaumont. We end up at The P&L where D and I split off to have some food and drinks at Makers Mark. I hung out with D's dad and some buddies of his. We then proceeded to hit Fuego where my friends Christina, Cody, Jen, Adam, Nick, Steve and his girlfriend Hauna were drinking and doing shots. D and I had to catch up and so we did. D even proceeded to convince the bartender to serve us all her new concoction of Jaeger, sprite and OJ. Tasted terrible. We then hit Tengo where we all proceeded to get wasted and dance the night away. D and I also tried to show people how to do the cupid shuffle but i don't think people were getting it. During the whole night D and I were taking turns passing out the Jamaican fliers to unsuspecting people while also trying to convince them it would be the best show they've ever seen. It was a blast! Dierks was good too, I still think I sing "What was I thinkin'" better. I got everyone home safe.


Friday night was all about the Bloom Party! The theme was white, bright and electric. I decided to buy a white suit for the event and it turned out to be a hit. VML had fifteen tickets but I noticed I was the only one who used any of them. We rocked Bloom hard. Free booze and food you can't go wrong with that. I was upstaged by D again when we were able to nominate her up onto stage. The live cover band needed a volunteer to sing the trumpet in Johnny cash's "Ring of Fire" and Daniela was ready to perform. D had the whole crowd entertained with her miscues and funny noises. Nine times out of ten D finds her way up to a stage and that's one of the reasons why we love her. I have a hard time finding anyone that is crazier or can role with me but D can. After that it was a lot of dancing and a lot of fun. I was having a good time but in the back of my mind I felt something missing.

Saturday Night was fun when Adam and I kicked it off with going to see Eddie Izzard. Izzard is the funniest transvestite comedian ever. He's also known for playing the father in the show the riches. Adam and I then proceeded to the Brooksider to watch the Zero's and score a few drinks before we met up with our friend Christina. One drunk girl spotted me and she was extremely friendly and funny. I danced with her and as Adam would say later, "Dude, she wanted to ride your wriggle stick" but that's not my thing right now so I got her number and then we left when Christina called. We proceeded to go and meet up with Christina at Kona grill. We then moved to O'Dowds. Adam and i ran into some old KU buddies and we had a good time. We closed O'Dowds down and that's when shit got crazy. One of Christina's friends had a bit of a melt down and it was extremely crazy and entertaining. Adam was going to stay on our couch but before we could get to bed guess who calls? It's D and she's ready to continue the party at her place. I grab the liquor and walk a block down to her place. Adam crashed at four in the morning and I ended up fixing breakfast for everyone at five in the morning. We were all wasted and at six in the morning it was me and D dancing the sun up. I walked home with the sun coming up and the liquor sweating out and it was awesome.



Sunday's sleep didn't last long before i was at lunch with my mom drinking mojito's and eating some tasty food. All in all, maybe I've gotten fifteen hours of sleep over those days. But I'll sleep when I'm dead. And that's why I hate Monday's... so fucking boring.

No comments: