Friday, February 1, 2008

A Very Weird Feeling

It's been agreed upon that the comforts of life that I'm so accustomed too need to be removed from me indefinitely. I'm unhappy in my personal life and everyone knows it. I've never lived on my own and therefore have no understanding of what that takes or means. I'm moving to a place that will challenge me in every facet. I'm at a fork in the road and I've chosen a different path, one that I've never taken before. Perhaps... at the end of this journey I will find love and happiness, or maybe, I'll just have to keep searching. My stomach aches, my head is foggy and I'm praying that the transition from domestication to independence will be easy... I know in my heart that it won't be. I wonder if my friends will think badly of me, if my family will be disappointed. 

What can I do? 

I've been pretending and putting on a fake smile since last summer but I can no longer do that. 

It's now the real me, the true me. 

1 comment:

katy ryan said...

I wish you the best of luck ... I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision to make for either of you, but I applaud you for having the courage to make this move. I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry about the reaction of your friends and family -- they'll support your decision, especially because it's made with the intention of bringing both of you the space you need to truly evaluate what it is that you want out of life. I'm always here if you need anything, and I hope to see you soon.