Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'd Do Anything For A friend

Thursday night I had a great time with some friends at the Alicia Keys concert. We left the Sprint Center around 11:00 p.m. and I'm driving my friend back to her place when I get a phone call. My friend Adam informs me that another one of our friends is drunk and has decided to drive home. I could tell Adam was wasted which was really unusual so I knew our friend must have been tanked. I drop my friend off and immediately start calling around. I finally talk to her other friend and we immediately start the search party. The only information we can get is:

I'm lost
My car won't move and it's out in the middle of the street
I'm really drunk
I'm at, around 79th street
Come get me

I was really worried. I didn't want her to get a DUI or have some stranger pick her up in the condition she was in. Her friend and I drove around for two hours. I finally came over the hill around 78th and Holmes and saw three cop cars behind a stalled car in the street. Fuck! I pull up and see her just sitting in the passenger seat. My stomach dropped because I knew she was in a lot of trouble. I walk up and she gets out of the car. I give her a hug and ask if she's alright. She's pretty drunk. The cop asks her if she knows me and she's says yes. The cops seem very relieved. She tried to give one of the cops a hug (which they can't do) and he started backing away. I was able to grab her and pull her back before he got really pissed. The cops told me I could take her home. I pulled her car into a parking lot and that's when I realized the front right tire was completely demolished. I got her into my car and after a few conversations with her dad he was not liking the fact that I needed her to stay over at my place because her aunt's was to far. She was starting to get sick so i made a mad dash to my house. We just made it in time for her to throw-up in our toilet and use my roommates toothbrush (which was awesome!). I got her in to bed and i went down to the couch.

The storm hit and kept me up so I'm guessing I fell asleep around 3:00 a.m. I was awoken by roommate's girlfriend leaving around 5:00-5:30ish. My friend woke up around 6:45 and proceeded to go into my roommates room where he was quick enough that birthday suit embarrassment was avoided. She asked where I was and he pointed back to my room. She came down stairs and woke me, we talked and laughed. We both went up stairs as my roommate was leaving his room. He looked at us and his face was priceless. He just stared and replied... Whhhaaaaaatttttt... I knew where his imagination went and it was hilarious. I finally got her over to aunt's house and got home so i could take a quick nap before work. My sheets are now covered in Burberry perfume. My ex-wife wears Burberry. I need to wash my sheets.

2 comments:

Liz said...

...you always have been the one "there" for friends.

and btw - glad you found my blog. haha. at least someone's read it now, it's not a complete waste...

picture-me-rollin said...

I'm NEVER wasted.

You're going to kill my rep yo.