Monday, March 24, 2008

I Mixed It Up With Some DJ's In A Warehouse

Continued...

The next day I pretty much cleaned house and did laundry. I also watched the KU game. Go hawks! I decided to go to this party with the girls and some friends from the previous night. The party was really interesting, something I've never been to before. The party was located down by Grinders and the old tracks in Kansas City. The warehouse was not big but it was comfortable. The walls were lined with graffiti and one wall in particular had some graffiti being done on top of a big piece of paper. It had a price tag of three thousand dollars next to it and over the duration of the night was looking really cool as people kept adding to it. The music was the highlight of the evening, it consisted of multiple DJ's spinning contemporary beats mixed with urban hip hop. However, I was the most impressed with stylings of one particular DJ who was able to mix Enya and make it sound hardcore. We continued to enjoy the music, I unfortunately was pretty run down from the previous night's activities. 

I continued to flirt a little bit with the same girl but we mostly kept away from each other. I'm not sure if I don't continually sabotage myself for reasons only my psyche knows. I think she was a little upset that I didn't pursue her that night but I'm no puppet either. The girls eventually decided they'd had enough of the current surroundings and wanted to go to Rock Bar again. They asked us if we wanted to go and I mentioned I'd be more than happy to drive them. They were acting funny and that is when I knew something was up. I headed for the door and watched as the scenario played out. I knew what was going to happen and it did, the girls were out the door with some other guys. I would've thought I should have been mad but actually... I was relieved. 

I went back home and went to bed. It felt good to be back in bed at a fairly decent time. A hour after we'd left I was watching T.V. and I got an interesting text message. It was an unexpected apology and a notification that the girls were on their way home because one of them was getting sick. Whether it was true or not... I smiled and went to sleep. 

to be continued...

No comments: