Monday, March 24, 2008

She Gets It And She's Moving On

continued...

Easter was fun and I got to spend some much needed time with my family. I got to shoot hoops with my brother and that is always a good time. Thanksgiving dinner was phenomenal and desert was delicious. I was happy for the most part except for a creeping cough and the first signs of a soar throat. Damn allergies. What happened next threw me for a loop though. 

I went over to my house. I was planning on doing a little work to it and picking up some things before I headed home. I saw my sister in-laws car at the house. I didn't think much of it. I walked in and immediately noticed some guy's sandals next to the door. Huh? I shouted hello really loudly a couple of times and after a few minutes my soon to be ex-wife ( you have to wait 60 days before the divorce is final in Kansas) appeared. She started questioning me and then informed me she had someone over. She looked really upset by the whole situation and started to tear up. I laughed and told her it was okay. I told her why I was over there in the first place. She was upset but it really didn't matter to me and when she saw me laughing and joking about it she started to be cool with it as well. I left the house knowing it was final, she was moving on. 

It wasn't until I started driving that I realized I was a little upset. I didn't have a problem with her seeing someone. It was the fact that they were in "our" house. Am I weird??? Should I have expected as much? Later that night she called me to talk about it. I was calm and just explained myself. I think she understands. What happened later on the phone call was a bit mind blowing. She told me about how she met someone. He was a teacher like her. Apparently, they really hit it off. Then she made me happy by explaining that she understood why I'd fallen out of love with her. She saw what I saw. That we'd grown apart and now that she has met someone that shares similar interests, goals and paths... she understands. I just made sure and warned her to take it slow and be careful. I don't want her to get hurt again so soon. She's a sweetheart and a great person. 

I only feel disappointed that she's now in a place I still lay awake at nights thinking about... a lot.

No comments: