Friday, March 28, 2008

My Own Room! Now A Bed

My roommates room is almost complete. Yippee, I will have a room that is finally mine. Granted I'm not in a bad position, he has a nice bed and an awesome plasma TV as well as an XBOX. I still long to have a room all to myself... my own bed... my own furniture... my own space.

Now I have to get a bed and furniture, as if money grew on trees. I'll start looking online and dream of cool contemporary lines married to a strong dark wood. Then I'll do a one eighty and think of old english thick oak with Versailles styled patterns. I'll realize that all are out of my price range. So I'll hit House of Denmark and other stylish name brand furniture stores. I will dream and crunch numbers but alas I will not be able to commit to such a high price. I will have to be content with being average and boring, I'll venture to the NFM otherwise known as Nebraska Furniture Mart. I will find something that is comfortable and capable and hints at my personality. I will buy it over the next two years and hopefully get a few good nights sleep on it. I'm now realizing I've got very little time to do all that so I'll just go to NFM and get it over with.

I'll settle when it comes to the bed but not when it comes to the partner to share it with.

No comments: