Monday, March 10, 2008

Kansas City Auto Show

While I was fighting a cold over the weekend I was able to take in the beauty of mechanical masturbatory machismo. Here is the verdict on my top five most impressive at the auto show.

1: 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport
2: 2008 Dodge Challenger
3: 2008 Scion TC
4: 2008 Chevy Camaro
5: 2008 Smart ForTwo

At number five I was very impressed with the 2008 Smart ForTwo. Granted this is not a practical car for everyone but it shows its advantages right away. Obviously it has great gas mileage and doesn't take up much space, but how does it play out when you put a six-foot-four man in the driver seat. Surprisingly awesome. According to Adam it was a good fit and with plenty of head room he felt very comfortable. I wondered how he would feel if a hummer pulled up behind on an icy day in Kansas City. I'm not going to test my luck with this car but it is extremely affordable. Perhaps, if everyone had one of these in New York City transportation wouldn't be so pricey.

At number four was the Bumblebee inspired Chevy Camaro. 2008 seems like a huge year for the muscle car reinvisionings. With the release of the Challenger and Camaro as well as the previous released Mustang and Charger, there's ample opportunity to represent a style and a time period that was American working class at its heart. The grill is what caught my eye and won me over. The meanness in the face of this machine made me fear the power that was inside this street beast.  This car begs to be driven and all I want to do with it is ride up on some Volkswagen bugs ass and hear it scream.

At number three a mainstay for me every year is the Scion TC. The TC is so customizable it seems that you just can't improve on perfection.  Allowing personalization and customization is the gen Y way.


At number two is one of my personal oldies but goodies meets timely. I want this car! I love this car! While it looks like they will never release my favorite old muscle car, the hemi cuda, i'll just have to settle for its twin brother, the Dodge Challenger. They have kept true to everything that was beautiful about this car. This vehicle is meant to do one thing and one thing only, be powerful. The lines on this car are beautiful and its stubby stance makes it a real bulldog in nature on the road. I was skeptical but now I'm just awed. Enjoy.

My number one was a huge surprise. The 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport was a home run in my opinion. The fit and finish on this car was impeccable. The interior was 60k plush. The lines and the overall sporty nature of this car was something to be admired. Okay, it's a Benz and it's awesome lets see the sticker price. What? No way? With an MSRP of 32,900 that's a steal for this sporty piece of pride and luxury. When I sat in this car I sat on a cloud in heaven. Well, there it is, only time will tell if the audience is as satisfied as I am about these selections.

No comments: