Thursday, January 29, 2009

And Here Is Where I Try To Make Sense Of Things (Part 8)

We talk every once and awhile. There are still some boxes of things that have yet be split up. We have memories and I'm proud to have said that I loved her once. I'm also proud to have had someone love me so deeply once. Love is hard and it's exhausting. It's exhausting because it's a ton of work. I went through a really rough patch after the divorce. I didn't know how to date or initiate interest. I drank a lot which led to a really bad car wreck that I'm thankful did not hurt anyone else. I'm also really lucky I wasn't killed because I wasn't wearing my seat belt. Just lucky all the way around. I woke up after that crash and was able to get some much needed help.

I finally got back in the game and started having fun for the first time. I realized single life isn't that bad after all. Actually, I kinda enjoy it. I've since dated a lot but nothing has really come from it. It's going to take a lot more dating and someone very special to catch me. I'm not your typical guy and for that I'm both proud and also lonely. I always leave every relationship on good terms. Why? I know how to make someone feel good about themselves and I enjoy doing that. I did have one potential prospect for a relationship that I let my guard down for. However, it just didn't seem meant to be.

No comments: